In this tutorial we will go through the steps to send the individual notes 4-note chords to four different instruments in Logic Pro X.
1) Open Divisimate before you open your DAW (the virtual midi ports are only available when Divisimate is running).
2) Manually activate 4 voices in the lower part of the GUI above the keyboard by clicking on ‘4’ and connect the 4 voices to the first 4 Out-Ports on the left by clicking in the matrix.
Alternatively you can load the factory preset “4vc – 4 parts” on the perform page.
3) Make sure that your MIDI input device is activated in the settings.
1) Open a session in Logic Pro and create four instrument-tracks.
2) Select the first track and go to the Track Inspector on the left (press ‘i’ if it is not visible). Click on the arrow next to “Track” to expand the track settings.
3) Go to the “MIDI In Port” Menu and select “Divisimate Port 01” as Input. On the second track in this menu select “Divisimate Port 02”, on the third “Divisimate Port 03”, and so on.
4) Now record-enable all the tracks and you are ready to go!
5) With this method you can build a full template with up to 32 individual parts, and record complex orchestrations right onto the tracks through Divisimate. Have fun orchestrating, performing and composing!
If you want to go back to working the traditional way track-by-track, simply press ‘Bypass’ or the shortcut [b] in Divisimate. In Divisimate will then send all midi events and CCs through to all active Ports on Channel 1 without any delay or latency. This way you can just record enable any single track and play them without Divisimate.
Divisimate is available as a standalone software for Mac and PC. The remote control app “DivisiControl” is available for iOS (iPad and iPhone) and Android (Phone & Tablet)
subject to VAT depending on your country