In this tutorial we will go through the steps to send the individual notes 4-note chords to four different instruments in Digital Performer.
1) On MacOS: open Divisimate before you open your DAW (the virtual midi ports are only available when Divisimate is running).
2) Manually activate 4 voices in the lower part of the GUI above the keyboard by clicking on ‘4’ and connect the 4 voices to the first 4 Out-Ports on the left by clicking in the matrix.
Alternatively you can load the factory preset “4vc – 4 parts” on the perform page.
3) Make sure that your MIDI input device is activated in the settings.
1) Create a new session in Digital Performer.
2) Activate the “Multi Record” Option in the Studio Menu.
2) Go to “Add Track” -> Instrument with Options to add four instrument tracks and specify a MIDI track for each instrument.
4) Choose the “track view on the upper left to view the tracks you created
5) Select Divisimate Port 01-any as Input for the first track, Divisimate Port 02 for the second one and so on until all tracks have a distinct Divisimate Port assigned between 1 and 4.
6) Done! Now you can play the four instruments with Divisimate and record the result in Digital Performer.
If you want to go back to working the traditional way track-by-track, simply press ‘Bypass’ or the shortcut [b] in Divisimate. Divisimate will then send all midi events and CCs directly through to all ports without any delay or latency. This way you can just record enable any track.
Skip to 7:09 to learn how to set up a loopback track in Studio One