In this tutorial we will go through the steps to send the individual notes 4-note chords to four different instruments in Camelot Pro, and also provide a quick way to set up all 32 Divisimate ports in Camelot Pro. In our example we will create a playable string quartet using the SWAM Solo Strings by Audio Modeling. You can download our example template here.
1) On Mac: Open Divisimate before you open Camelot (the virtual midi ports are only available when Divisimate is running).
2) Manually activate 4 voices in the lower part of the GUI above the keyboard by clicking on ‘4’ and connect the 4 voices to the first 4 Out-Ports on the left by clicking in the matrix.
Alternatively you can load the factory preset “4vc – 4 parts” on the perform page.
3) Make sure that your MIDI input device is activated in the settings.
1) Create a new empty scene from scratch.
2) Click on the plus icon on the top right to add a new layer. For our String Quartet, the name of the first Layer we will create is “Violin 1”.
3) Add three more layers to have a total of four layers in your scene.
4) Click on the layer area to access the input settings. Choose the MIDI Inputs tab. If you can not see any Divisimate Ports make sure that the “show all devices” option is activated.
5) From the list of available MIDI inputs choose “Divisimate Port 01” for your first layer, then repeat the process and choose Port 02, 03 and 04 for the subsequent layers. You now have four layers each receiving from a different Divisimate Port.
6) Click the plus icon on the right of each layer to add the instruments of your choice to the different layers. In our case we will add 2 SWAM Violins, a SWAM Viola and a SWAM Cello to create a simple String Quartet.
7) And that’s already it – you can now play a string quartet through Divisimate in Camelot Pro. Add some reverb, pan the instruments to your liking, and you have a one-of-a-kind playable ensemble at your hands. Have fun orchestrating and performing!
After you downloaded the file, just add a new Song in Camelot and use the “Import” Option to import the “SWAM_String_Quartet.cmsng” file into your setlist.
The file is compressed in a *.zip-Archive. Make sure you unzip the file in the finder or explorer before you try to open it. The Song uses the VST3 version of SWAM Solo Strings.
Since Camelot Pro has all instruments always listening to MIDI Ports, the Bypass function will lead to all instruments set up with Divisimate Ports playing at once. This can get pretty loud, and also be a strain on your machine. So use this function with caution!